So for now, I will leave you with some recipes that have gone through my kitchen are Breanne approved. They were all so delicious and I learned the crockpot is my best friend.
Crock Pot Baked Potato Soup
- 6 Large baking potatoes, peeled, cut in 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 Large onion, chopped
- 1 quart vegetable or chicken broth
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 cup cream, half and half cream, or sour cream
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar chees
- 3 tblsp chopped fresh chives
- Sour Cream (optional for topping)
- 8 slices bacon or turkey bacon, fried
- shredded cheese for sprinkling
- Combine first seven ingredients in a large crockpot; cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 8 hours (potatoes should be tender)
- Mash the mixture until potatoes are coarsely chopped and soupy. It should slightly thicken. Stir in cream, cheese, and chives.
- Top with sour cream, sprinkle with bacon and more cheese.
Breakfast Casserole in the Crockpot
So I didn't get a picture of the casserole I made, but this is a picture from the blog I got the recipe.
The recipe is there too, it was super easy and delicious. I made it for a house guest we had a couple weeks ago from the Mission to Unreached People organization.
Nutella Banana Bread
- -2 cups all-purpose flour
- -3/4 tsp. baking soda
- -1/2 tsp. salt
- -1/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- -1 cup granulated sugar
- -2 large eggs
- -1 1/4 cups mashed ripe banana
- -1/3 cup skim milk
- -1 tsp. vanilla extract
- -3/4 heaping cup Nutella
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 8×4-inch loaf pan with nonstick spray.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda & salt.
3. In a separate large bowl, beat sugar and butter with an electric mixer at medium speed until blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add banana, milk and vanilla. Beat until blended.
4. Add flour mixture, beat at low speed just until flour is incorporated (don’t over mix).
5. Spoon Nutella into a small dish and soften in the microwave for about 15 seconds. Add 1 cup of the banana bread batter to the Nutella and stir until blended well. Spoon Nutella batter alternately with plain banana bread batter into the prepared pan. Swirl batters together with a knife.
6. Bake 50 to 60 minutes, it will seem a tiny bit undercooked but that’s what makes it good. Cool for at least 15 minutes in the pan, and then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- 12 oz, (weight) storebought Gingersnaps
-1/2 cup Chopped Pecans (optional, mine is made without pecans)
-6 Tblsp. Butter, melted
-2 Tblsp brown sugar
-1 dash salt
-4 pkg (8 oz) Cream Cheese
-1-1/2 C sugar
-1 Can 15 oz Pumpkin Puree (NOT pumpkin pie filling
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
-1 tsp Allspice
-1/2 tsp nutmeg
-4 whole egss
-2 tbsp heavy cream
-1 jar Caramel topping (Smuckers brand works best)