I always feel like I am apologizing for not blogging, but lately I just haven't really felt up to it because I didn't feel like I had anything to say. I spent my first part of the new year relaxing the first week and being with Kendall when he got off work. I haven't really had anything too excited to write about and I've taken a couple weeks to mourn the lose of Emily and disconnect from the world, especially before school starts.
God has been SO good. I can't express to you the comfort and peace God has given everyone, it really does pass understanding.
Confession: I have watched lots and lots of episodes of Criminal Minds. My sister got me hooked!! I started on season three episode fifteen and I am now on season six, episode sixteen! The shows are super intense but gosh, they are good.
We're twelve days into the New Year and I have still been debating a New Years Resolution or not.
I never keep them, but at the same time I want to be aware of the changes I need to be making in my life.
My New Years resolution is to make Weekly resolutions.
My weekly resolutions will be to make daily resolutions.
God's mercies are new every morning and I want to hold that truth. I know I cannot be perfect everyday or accomplish what I want to, but if I focus small maybe I can succeed in those goals.
Overall in this year I would like to see my self-discipline improve. I feel this is one of the fruits of the spirit I really lack in. With the grace of God, I know this will improve. This will be the "word" I focus on continually throughout the year.
Maybe, I will even have a weekly feature of my Week-olutions so that I can see how I improve in different areas of my life. :)
2012 is going to be a very busy year but hold many exciting and endeavors.
- I got an internship with a wedding designer and already have 2 weddings and 2 style shoots we are working on in January and February.
- I am working on opening my own Etsy shop!
- I am the coordinator for the Perspectives class in 2012- Planning starts this week!!
- School is about to start and I will be taking 18 hours in the spring.
- I am the Matron of Honor in my Best Friends wedding February 25!! Which means planning two showers. I cannot wait to blog about it, but it is a surprise for now.
- We have the opportunity to plan a short term trip to Ghana in the summer! EEK!
- My (old)roommate's wedding May 26 and Plenty of other friend's weddings. :)
- I get a new baby cousin in February!
- I have some plans to grow my blog a bit more...
- We are planning this year for Grad School in Dallas for 2013!
- Celebrating our One Year together with a trip out of the country! whoo! (maybe one day I'll write about our honeymoon because the reason we are getting to go somewhere is because they overbooked our flight and they gave us each flight vouchers! ;) )
- and so.much.more!!
Thank you God for opportunities. I am looking forward to a fantastic 2012. I am wishing you a wonderful year as well blog friends!
P.S. Literally any day, hour, minute, second I will be Auntie Breesey to Ryan and Melanie's baby. I cannot wait for Avery to get here!